THETFORD ELDER NETWORK
Thetford Elder Network (TEN) creates social links among the elders of our community as well as intergenerational links. Additionally, we offer selected services for seniors. All of our work is intended to make it easier for seniors to remain in their homes as they age. TEN activities and services include:
- A monthly luncheon for seniors, their family members, friends and caregivers. Luncheons are generally on the 4th Thursday of each month at the North Thetford church unless a holiday causes a change of date. We gather and chat starting at 11:30. The meal is served at noon.
Sometimes we have entertainment or an informative program. For information, call Cathy Newbury.
- A monthly coffee klatch for seniors, family members, friends, and caregivers. Coffee klatches, with light refreshments, are held on the second Wednesday of each month from 10:00 AM to 11:30 at the Thetford Center Community Center. For information, call Pril Hall.
- A Friday walking group for regular weekly exercise. We meet at the Latham Library every Friday, rain or shine, at 10:00 AM for most of the year and at 9:00 AM during the hot months. For information, call Sue Rump or Inge Trebitz.
- Tai Chi that is adapted to the needs of seniors. We work on balance, flexibility, gentle endurance as well as reducing the impact of arthritis. This program is especially geared towards fall prevention in elders. All are welcome. We meet at the Thetford Center Community Center at 9:00 AM on Wednesdays and Fridays. For information, contact Ursula Austin by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rides to appointments. For information, call Inge Trebitz.
- Help with advanced directives and living wills. For information, call Dale Gephart or Sue Gault.
- Help in finding town and state resources and services, for example, health, food, and transportation service. For information, call any of the TEN Steering Committee members listed below or consult the blue Thetford Elder Network Information brochure in the town hall.
- The Senior Shelf at the Latham Library, which holds books for seniors and notebooks of information pertinent to seniors.
- The Community Nurse of Thetford is another important resource for seniors, their families, and caregivers. See the the community nurse website for more information.
The members of the TEN Steering Committee are:
- Jody Biddle 785-4508
- Betty Campbell 785-2407
- Sue Gault 785-2805
- Dale Gephart 333-9748
- Pril Hall 333-4077
- Cathy Newbury 785-3136
- Susan Rump 785-4029
- Inge Trebitz 785-2129
Call us. We would be glad to help.