- Steve Lehman, Chair • phone: 299-1914
- Jim McCracken, Vice-Chair
- Bob Pulaski, Treasurer Liaison
- Sue Tallman, Secretary
- Sara Cavin email@example.com
- Judy Harvey phone: 785-4373 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connie Snyder Phone: 785-2729 email@example.com
- Jeffrey Smith
- Sue Fritz • phone: 299-0870
“You don’t own the land. The land has come from forever and is going to forever. The house that I own was built over two hundred years ago, and with a little luck will be here well over two hundred years from now. So I’m living in it but I don’t consider it to be precisely mine. I’m simply living there. There’s a certain degree of stewardship in most things.” Howard Mansfield, The Same Ax, Twice
Meets on the second Wednesday of each month, at 7:00PM at the Town Hall.
What Does the Conservation Commission Do?
Our commission is interested in many issues and to better inform our neighbors of our purpose we would like to list some of the most significant and long-lasting work we are or would like to be involved in.
- Promoting the establishment of local conservation funds for land conservation work.
- Being stewards of municipal lands.
Maintaining an inventory of the Town’s natural resources to identify top conservation priorities.
- Promoting the local economy of the working landscape.
- Encouraging a land ethic and respect for all living things with whom we share our communities.
- Creating opportunities for townspeople to recreate and celebrate living more closely with the land.
- Participating in local planning, zoning, and development review.
- Working to prevent or stop polluting activities.
- Sponsoring educational opportunities through hosting guest speakers, leading outdoor activities to highlight flora and fauna, and helping students to foster an interest in the outdoors.
We encourage any Thetford resident who would like to work on these types of projects to contact us or attend our monthly meetings on the second Wednesday of each month, at 7:00PM at the Town Hall.
Forest Stand and Land Feature Maps:
Wetland Inventory Map (10 MB)
Thetford Natural Resources Inventory December 2019
Thetford Working Forest Resources 11×17.pdf
Thetford Wildlife, Plant and Natural Community Resources11x17.pdf
Thetford Surface Water, Wetland and Riparian Resources 11×17.pdf
Thetford Recreation Resources 11×17.pdf
Thetford Forest Blocks and Connectivity Resources 11×17.pdf
Thetford Farmland Resources 11×17.pdf
Thetford Working Forest Resources 24X24.pdf
Thetford Wildlife, Plant and Natural Community Resources24x24.pdf
Thetford Water, Wetland, and Riparian Resources 24×24.pdf
Thetford Recreation Resources 24×24.pdf
Thetford Forest Blocks and Connectivity Resources 24×24.pdf
Thetford Farmland Resources 24×24.pdf
Thetford Wetland Inventory 2011 (3MB)
Ompompanoosuc RCP_AppendixB 2011 (21 MB)