Town Hall is CLOSED to public access
Services by appointment only:
785-2922 Town Hall
785-2200 Thetford Police
785-4679 Public Works
Here is the link to the Thetford Emergency Management website with specific information on COVID-19 and ways to communicate and get help if needed. TEM COVID site
The Rabies clinic has been postponed – date to be determined and animal license late fees will be waived.
Recycle Center will be open on Saturday.
The Thetford Selectboard has taken action in a precautionary effort to limit the spread of COVID-19.
As of Sunday evening, March 15th:
- All non-essential functions of the Town are suspended;
- All Town facilities are closed to the public, except by appointment.
- All non-essential Selectboard meetings and Town Committee/Commission meetings are postponed. This includes the scheduled Town Plan hearing.
- Limitations on the use of Sick Time by Town Employees have been lifted.
- Municipal late fees on animal licenses have been suspended.
These actions are in effect until further notice, however the Selectboard will reevaluate these actions no later than (updated) APRIL 30. For more information on Thetford’s COVID-19 response or for assistance, please contact our Emergency Management Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proposal for AT&T Wireless Telecommunications Facility at 121 Sawnee Bean Road
- Workforce Housing Engineering Report
Town Report 2019 (7 MB)
Thetford is a town of six unique villages on the Connecticut River, half-way up the east side of Vermont. About half of its 2,500 or so residents live and work in town, and half working in other towns in the Upper Valley. The community is extremely active, and different groups seem to enjoy living here all the more for the fact that there are groups of people here quite different from their own.
The town is managed by a full-time Town Manager and by a full and part-time staff of 25. Residents wishing to get involved in the several committees that help set the town’s agenda should look to the Citizen’s Guide on our Contact Us page and feel free to send questions to our Town Manager or other public official.
Thetford GIS – Public Access
Thetford’s Geographical Information System (GIS) can be accessed online. Access data such as tax maps, land use designation, flood plains, wetlands, etc. : Thetford GIS Public Portal